You’re in on a good treat. I will provide you a guideline steps by steps on how you could record screencasts on your smartphones.
Why? Reasons you need to know how to record screencasts on your devices
First and foremost, you want to add value to your social media posts.
Your audiences want clarity, recording screencasts makes it easier for them to understand
Tailor made tutorial for your audiences focusing on one specific problem
Walk them through multiple sites through screencasts video
Share previews/demo of a product
Show testimonials of people
Now, how to do it
1. Make screen recording
- Below is an illustration of an IOS device, and makes sure you have updated to IOS 11
- Go to settings->control->customize control->. Tap the green “+” sign beside screen recording to add this feature into control center.
- You can then start recording. However, making sure you switch your phone to “do not disturb” mode in the control center. You don’t want interferences while you’re recording.
- From control center, tap on the recording icon at the bottom right and start recording. It allows you 3 seconds count down before recording.
- Note: Don’t forget to turn on your microphone
- Use the zoom controller to illustrate screen gestures. This feature allows you to zoom only part of the screen. To turn the zoom controller. Go to settings->general->accessibility-> zoom. Then toggle both the Zoom Controller and Show Controller Options to on.
2. Customize your screencasts for various social media platforms
As you know, depends on the social media platforms; you have to adjust video size to fit. Therefore, you need to download Inshot app, which allows you to readjust to fit whatever social media you want to post. (Available in both IOS and Android).
- Tap video to create a new project.
- Tap new and select video from your camera roll.
- Note: the original background of your video is blurred white as a default, but you can change it to different ones.
- Tap “BG” below the video. There are wide selections of blurred, solid or patterned backgrounds. You can also import a branded picture for your video by simply clicking on image icon to import your picture.
- Make sure again you’re not choosing blurred white background before you tap checkmark icon to save your changes.
3. Choose a sizing option
- Tap canvas and choose sizing option to edit aspect of your ratio.
- Inshot offers variety of aspect ratio to fit with different social media.
- If you’re using your branded image as a background, simply decease the size and drag it to fit perfectly with your screen.
- Tap checkmark icon to save your changes.
4. Export your video
- Upper right hand of the screen to allow you whether to save to your camera roll or upload it.
5. Divide your screencasts into short segments for Instagram, Facebook, or Snapchat stories
- Use “Custory” to cut the video into short segments for these social media’s stories. (Also available in Android).
- Open “Custory”, upload your video and tap the Instagram 15s icon then save it to your camera roll
After you follow this guideline closely, you will be able to see the positive impact of screencasts video to your social media platforms. This feature allows you to gain more value to your page, as well as clarification, and these result in more engagements of your audiences.
Hope you found our How to Record Screencasts with your Smartphone useful if you liked what you read subscribe to our page and you will receive a notification when our next post is out.
Did This Help You? If So, We Would Greatly Appreciate It If You Commented Below And Shared On Facebook
PS: If You Wish to Grow a Large Following on Instagram For Yourself or Your Business, Reach Out to Us For 1 on 1 Chat Here